Healthcare Interpreter Training
528 Cottage St. NE Suite 1C Salem, OR 97301
Class limited to 12 participants.
Interpreters accepted must have a minimum of 3 years professional interpreting experience in addition to RID certification to participate in the healthcare interpreting class series.
64 hour healthcare interpreting class offered in English. The class will be taught in ASL if there are participants in the class who use ASL as primary means of communication.
- • Anatomy and
Physiology/ Medical Terminology
• Ethics and Conduct
• Interpreter Skills (Message Conversion/Discourse Analysis, Figurative Language, Expletives, Idioms, Regional Dialects, Register, Memory, and Colloquialisms)
• Cultural Competency
• Modes – consecutive, simultaneous, sight translation, basic written translation
• Standards of Practice (including HIPAA laws on privacy in medical settings)
6.4 Professional Studies CEUs will be offered by the Western Region Interpreter Education Center at Western Oregon University, an approved RID CMP and ACET sponsor.
Contact us today to register for classes
(503)932-8460 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trainings will take place in an accessible facility. ASL interpreters available upon request.
Please contact our office for more information on the following upcoming classes geared toward interpreters:
- Introduction to Healthcare Discourse
- Vicarious Trauma for Interpreters
- Mental Health Systems for Healthcare Interpreters
- Psychiatric Emergencies and Interpreters
- Reflective Practice techniques for Advanced Healthcare Interpreters
- Accounting Practices for Interpreters
- The 10 Most Important Practices for Freelance Interpreters
- Consecutive Interpreting
Here are upcoming workshops geared toward community members and practitioners:
- Beginning Sign Language Language (Taught in ASL by Deaf presenter)
- Intro to Deafness & Sensitivity with Workplace Communication
- Working with an Interpreter
on workshop/presentations/events please check back or
request email notification.
Please check back for updates.