Training: Healthcare Interpreter
Healthcare Interpreter Training offered by Anderson Interpreting Service
Training will include medical specialties, six body systems (anatomy and physiology), diseases and disorders, symptoms, medical abbreviations and more.
Cynthia Anderson, RID CI/CT, NAD III, CCHI ---Agency Director of Anderson Interpreting Service and a nationally certified sign language interpreter who has more than 20 years specializing in healthcare interpreting. Cynthia has a BS in Psychology and is currently enrolled in the Masters of Interpreting Studies from Western Oregon University. Cynthia is an interpreter mentor and intern supervisor.
Consultant and guest speaker
Elizabeth “Ann” Scott, MD -- Dr. Scott holds a Doctor of Medicine from East Carolina University Brody School of Medicine and studied basic sciences at Oregon State University. Dr. Scott has 18 years of experience practicing family medicine and specializing in OB/GYN. Dr. Scott frequently communicates with her patients using certified interpreters.
Deaf guest speakers will present throughout the series.
Call Anderson Interpreting Service to find out more (503) 932-8460
Please contact our office for more information on the following upcoming classes geared toward interpreters:
- Introduction to Healthcare Discourse
- Vicarious Trauma for Interpreters
- Mental Health Systems for Healthcare Interpreters
- Psychiatric Emergencies and Interpreters
- Reflective Practice techniques for Advanced Healthcare Interpreters
- Accounting Practices for Interpreters
- The 10 Most Important Practices for Freelance Interpreters
- Consecutive Interpreting
Here are upcoming workshops geared toward community members and practitioners:
- Beginning Sign Language Language (Taught in ASL by Deaf presenter)
- Intro to Deafness & Sensitivity with Workplace Communication
- Working with an Interpreter